My name is Carsten Plaga. Since my admission to the bar in 2018, I advice and present national and international clients in all areas of intellectual property law.
During my studies at the University of Osnabrück, I majored in “German and European Law of Competition and Intellectual Property” and gained my first experience in all areas of intellectual property rights as well as competition law. During my legal clerkship I completed practical experience in an international IP law firm specialized in patent law in Düsseldorf and in a medium-sized partnership of lawyers and patent attorneys in Osnabrück.
Industrial companies trust the lawyers of Kather Augenstein with their financially important proceedings in various fields of technology, especially medical products, chemicals and mobile communications. Industrial companies as well as medium-sized enterprises trust in the team.
I am a member of the German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property and Copyright (GRUR) as well as the Center for Corporate Law Osnabrück (CUR) and the International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI).
- Participation in several series of actions for patent infringement of various standard-essential patents (LTE, 5G) in three jurisdictions as part of international disputes
- Participation in an action for damages after a warning in the pharmaceutical industry
- Participation in advising a generic drug company on market entry
- Participation in patent infringement proceedings concerning razors
- Participation in patent infringement proceedings concerning colour conversion software
- Participation in a reference procedure (ECJ) in a trade mark infringement case
- Participation in a transnational patent infringement case concerning cochlear implants
- Participation in patent infringement proceedings concerning the composition of sunscreen products
- Participation in preliminary injunction proceedings (patent) in the field of pharmaceutical diagnostics
- No joinder of parties in an isolated decision on costs, BPatG, decision of 27.01.2022 – 35 W (pat) 1/20, GRUR-Prax 2022, 211 (co-author Dr Christof Augenstein)
Comment to Federal Court of Justice: relevance in patent nullity proceedings, decision 13.02.2020, X ZR 6/18, GRUR-Prax 2020, 372 (co-author Christopher Weber)